Friday, July 4, 2008

"Hitler is no gentleman"

The other day i went to the mauthausen concentration camp. I dont know if this will be the most exciting thing to read about because it was so sad and awful but i thought i would share about it.

Its hard to imagine what Hitler actually did to the jews by just learning about it through text books and watching movies about it. Actually seeing the concentration camp makes it seem a little bit more real when you see the rooms they stayed in and the beds they slept on. I walked on the streets where they were counted daily and abusive publically. I went into the exectution room and saw the gas chambers and the crematorium. I saw the real things; the things the nazi's used to kill these people with and it was an experience i can't even describe with words. I walked the stairs of death and that jews actually walked on. It was crazy to think that I was where they suffered so much and it was hard to believe it was the real thing.

Even being at the Mauthausen concentration camp and seeing how real and sad it was i still do not have any idea how bad it actually was. i dont think anyone can ever know.

Hitler was a little bitch.

No comments: